Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Location: Western YMCA, Wilmington, DE, SCY Outdoor Pool
Time: 9:15-10:45
Fuel: Luna Bar prior, Gatorade during

Feeling tired after surviving getting kids back in school (the mornings are crazy!). I think swimming four consecutive days is my max before I need a day off. Didn't feel wonderful in the water today but I think one of the biggest challenges of swimming or any sport for that matter, is doing things you don't always feel like doing. Pushing yourself to keep moving. I think having a good person to train with is key too. I'm still looking for a compatible partner to train with. Someone who is consistent. Sometimes I go and try to find someone that looks fast (usually a young kid) and I swim next to them. Worked for about 20 minutes today, then the guy left. Drat.

Here's my workout for the day

200-4 x 50's free on :45
1000 - 1 x 500 easy, 5 x 100's alternating IM and free
900- 6 x 150's pull (left shoulder is starting to hurt..grr..working on rotating more and actually pulling using my arms less)
300- 4 x 75's drill/sprint/drill
100- 4 x 25's Sprint IM order
100- easy
300-kick with fins
100- easy
500- pull easy (felt really good)
500-easy swim with fins (concentrating on head position).

=4000 yards in 1:30
 

No comments:

Post a Comment