Monday, August 26, 2013

Location: Western YMCA, Wilmington, DE, SCY Pool
Weather: Started out super cloudy. Ended up gorgeous and sunny! High 70's
Time: 9:30-10:30 am
Fuel: Gatorade

Before


Kids first day back to school today. My younger son, Nate, with Autism and his service dog, started 1st grade. My older son, Alex, started 6th grade today.
Didn't think of swimming today. My mind was set on relaxing and enjoying some quiet time. But I knew I'd regret it as the day went on, not swimming, so off I went.

600 Channel Pace swim (working on long strokes and bilateral breathing)
300 Fast (goal was to make 4:00. Didn't happen..4:20)
500 Pull (my happy time)
200 Strong (not sure I even made 2:30..)
400 Odds IM, Evens Kick with Fins
100 Sprint (1:10 goal...1:25 was reality...I need to work on sprints badly!!)
600 Channel Pace swim
200 Pull
100 Easy

=3000 yards


AFTER!!!!  

3 comments:

  1. Good job! Glad you realized that you'd feel better about yourself after a swim. So true. Nice work. I LOVE pulling too. I think most marathon swimmers like pulling. That's good.

    Outdoor pools rock! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And found out this pool is open til middle of September. SWEET!
      Need to chat more about Bear Lake conditions...all the possibilities for what I maybe up against...or not:) Appreciate it Gordie.

      Delete
  2. PS-What the heck is Channel pace to a person who hasn't done the Channel, eh? ;)

    ReplyDelete