Saturday, August 24, 2013



Swim location: Western YMCA in Wilmington, DE, 10 lane outdoor SCM pool
Weather: Gorgeous, clear, sunny skies. Air around 80 degrees, Water temp was a perfect 75 degrees.
Time:  11:15-12:00 pm
Fuel: (Lemon-Lime ) Gatorade

Started this first swim of my blog to Bear Lake a little crazy. Mother- in-law watching my son with Autism, while I rush across town, for a good swim. Half way there I realized I forgot my swim suit!! (I see now why my swim friends have smelly cars; they leave their suits stashed in their cars for this reason!) It was too far to drive back home to get my suit. Hunted around town, with the clock ticking. After many failed attempts, I drove a bit out of the way to a sporting goods store, ran in and grabbed the first two suits off the rack.
Bought them and rushed back to the pool. (luckily one fit the other is going back!)

Physically a little sore (mostly my calves) from going to the gym yesterday. I did run/walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, followed by a 20 minute stationery bike ride and then on to some free weights and stretches.

Mentally I was not in a great frame of mind. Just a little frazzled I suppose from all the rushing around. Plus I knew with only 45 minutes til I had to leave, I wouldn't be finishing the practice my coach had given me.


1000 - 3 x (100 back/breast/free) + 100 IM easy (this went ok but I really hate backstroke...)
1000 kick with fins (this is a crap load of kicking. Biggest challenge is counting correctly)
1000 - 2 x 500's pull on 7:15 (Pulling is my fav....made them with a minute to spare).
500 - 5 x 100's free on 1:30 (** I did not do this set due to lack of time!**)
200 easy

= 3200 Meters



No comments:

Post a Comment