Sunday, August 25, 2013

Location:  Western YMCA, Wilmington, DE, SCM Outdoor Pool
Weather: Another GORGEOUS Day. Couldn't ask for more perfect conditions
Time:  12:30-1:45 pm
Fuel: Gatorade

In a much better mind set today. Didn't even expect to swim today with my hubby out of town but he surprised me coming home early!
I love coming to this pool in Delaware on the weekends in the summer. 10 Lane, SCM pool. I think I'm always able to grab my own lane.
My goal is to ramp up my yardage as the week goes on. With the kids back in 
school I will have more time! :)

600 Free (about half way through my ear bud got lodge in my ear..spent 10 minutes trying to get the darn thing out...)
1000 Kick with fins (no kickboard. Just kicking 6 beats and switching)
1000 - 10 x 100's pull on 1:45
1000- 1 x 500 Free Build, 1 x 100's alternating stroke and free
200 fun, relaxing, gazing at the sky, cool down

=3800 meters



 *Felt really good today. Mostly mentally. I tend to get into a negative mindset as my swim workouts continue. Something I'm realizing on I can work on and change. I'm thinking I'll want to swim this swim in Utah sooner than next September.




2 comments:

  1. It's certainly swimmable earlier in the year, but we'd need to establish probably a weeklong window instead of a specific day so that we can pick the very best day for weather.

    And the temperature is definitely nice come July. On July 19th it was 71-74 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want the warmest possible water temps. Ha. Or need to train more in anything under 72 for over 10 miles......

    ReplyDelete